Prior to the Day of the Examination
- Contact your proctor to make sure she/he has received the exam schedule and the Proctoring Guidelines. (In the event that your selected proctor is unable to administer your examination, you can select another proctor and have the new proctor complete the Proctor Application. Please fax or scan and email to The Institute at least 1 week prior the examination.)
- Print out a copy of the Student/Proctor Verification Form to bring to the exam and complete after the exam is finished. Any examination received without a verification form will not be valid.
On the Day of the Examination
- The exam is completely online and open book - you will have access to all the course materials, including assignments and discussions, your notes, and whatever other materials you bring.
- A valid photo I.D., such as a driver's license, must be presented to the proctor.
- You are responsible for bringing any necessary supplies for your own use such as, pens, pencils, calculator, paper etc.
- During the exam, you may not communicate with anyone, whether by IM, email, course discussion board, or some other means.
- You must bring a copy of the Student/Proctor Verification Form and fill in the necessary information.
- The time limit is 180 minutes. At the end of that period, the exam will close automatically and any unsaved work is lost. Save your answers frequently - they are not submitted in final form until the exam is closed.
- You are not allowed to copy any questions down to take with you after the examination.
After the Examination
- Download the Student/Proctor Verification Form from this link. Complete and sign it after completing the exam. The proctor must also sign, and then fax (or scan and email) the form to email@example.com - Fax: (703) 522-5410. Note: an examination received without this form will not be valid.
- After the examination has been closed, you can log in and see which questions you answered correctly and incorrectly.
- Once the examination has been marked and recorded, we will send an email containing your results.